Saturday, December 5, 2009

Can I still start ballet at the age of 13? & be reasonably good & flexible?

Well I'm 5'3, small for my age, 13, fit, a little flexible, have very little dance training, %26amp; I want to start ballet.



Can I still become flexible even though I'm already 13?



Can I still start ballet at the age of 13? %26amp; be reasonably good %26amp; flexible?secure browser



yea that would be fine, some people start when they are 17 my mom started it last year and she is ....well older than u. lol i think its a great idea u will love it!



Can I still start ballet at the age of 13? %26amp; be reasonably good %26amp; flexible?home theater opera theater



Sure, it's worth a shot at the very least. The older you get, especially through puberty, the flexibility you lose is pretty much gone. So keep stretching, and take some classes.



What's the worst that can happen? At least you'll be able to say you tried, and not have to live with that regret for the next 80 years or whatever.
Yes! it really depends if you want to do it, just try to get a nice teacher, someone that you know is qualified and will teach you from the beginning. Follow your dreams! I started when I was 18 and believe me it's worth it!
Yes, you can still become flexible even at your age. My tip is exercising frequently (like stretching). Then, practice ballet ever so often. Eat a healthy diet (but when your hungry don' hold out to eat something) etc. But if you believe you can dance, that is one of the best ways to be sure that you'll enjoy your ballet class. Hope this helps!
YES !! go for it. your body is still young enough that you can work the flexibility. enjoy !
Absolutely you can start ballet and any other dance you choose. I would not expect to become a professional, but you don't know that until you start and take classes for at least a year. Any dance training is good for you and will help with fitness, flexibility, posture etc. You will ultimately be limited by your talent. Good Luck and enjoy, remember that life is a journey not a destination.
Yes, go to You Tube and Watch Paloma Kerrera dance, she started late too. And she dances beautifully.
absolutely! go for it, try your best, and stretch a lot. I'm 15, 2 years older than you, I've been stretching my legs for splits a few times a week for like 4 months, and I just got my splits! And i was not very flexible when I started stretching lol but now I am very. good luck!! =)
yea, i think u should start ballet now, atleast before you become an adult. U should improve ur flexibililty while u can, cause while ur getting older, ur bones are settling into one position. So work on ur flexibility while ur younger. And yer, u can start ballet now, i no some people who started ballet at the age of 15...or even older

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd