Thursday, December 10, 2009

Can you learn ballet when you're 15?

I am not very flexible but I'd like to learn ballet, I can't find any classes near me that aren't for 3-5 year olds. I wouldn't mind joining their group if the teacher didn't mind. I'm very skinny (sporting a 24 inch waist- thats right) and I'd really like to learn but i need a location...and a teacher thats very understanding. Can anyone help me?



Can you learn ballet when you're 15?musicals



You can learn anything anytime if you put your mind to it... Good Luck ;)



Can you learn ballet when you're 15?opera songs opera theater



You can learn whenever you want, however its probably too late to be a pro at it but you can still be gracefull and amazing. just stretch everyday for flexibility and ask any of the teachers if they'd allow you into their class.
YES! I'm 22 and I didn't start dancing until I was 16. You just have to be dedicated and really WANT it becuase its going to be hard and painrful.



Good Luck Darling!
Sure you can learn, especially if you have the drive to do so!



See if a local ballet teacher would be willing to give you private lessons to help you learn quicker. You'll become flexible and pick up stuff, no problem. I don't think you'll be in pointe shoes right away, but with hard work, you'll get there.



Good luck!
so go ask the teacher if you can join or where they have the classes for your age. you can start at any age best of luck to you
usually your body is too developed to start ballet at age 15 (and I don't mean you need a tiny waist...) you need to have your feet made weird (toes bled, foot mashed to fit in toe shoes)...back arched, you have to walk like a duck (with your feet out, hazard of ballet)..you have to have LONG, LEAN lines...you have to be flexible, have all your muscles stretched out..no breasts...



So if you can find an adult ballet class, do that. I doubt that anyone will take you..you needed to start at about age 4-5..
It's never to late to begin anything!! Your still young... look into it a little more... there has to be something out there... ballet classes are everywhere! I was in dance a lot of my life.. Maybe have a parent help you look around! It's great fun! A lot of dance teacher's are very understanding... if you want to start.. you have to start somewhere! You'll eventually get flexable if you work at it... it can get hard/tough... but whatever you do.......DON'T GIVE UP! Good luck to you!!! :)
you know teachers of 3-5 year olds are more patient. and if you put your heart into learning ballet then that wouldn't be a problem.
Ballet is an excellent form of exercise and adult classes do exist. If you are thinking about becoming a professional, though, flexibility and starting young are a must (and ballet is extremely competitive). It is not too late for you to start in other forms of dance, however. Modern dance, salsa, tap, and ballroom come to mind. Find something in your area and give it a try just for fun.
Yes you can
It's never too late to learn. I'm not sure where you live, but try searching the internet for studios near you. Check their schedules and see if they would let you try a beginning ballet class. I know at my studio they let 14 and 15 year olds take class with the the 7 and 8 year olds. You probably wouldn't be in a recital dance though. In the mean time, stretch stretch stretch. Perhaps even look up the basic positions of the feet and arms online to be prepared for class. I know you can do it and I hope you stick to it ( :
Why would it matter how skinny you are?



Get over yourself, your too old for ballet.
you can learn ballet at any age. my mum did her first exams at 50...what you do with it and what career you have is a different thing..the training is excellent..you may find that you have to go to another town for lessons. look out for major ballet schools that do 'outreach' classes and ask at the local sports centre if they have a contact. Some times city ballet schools have a list of recommended teachers
Yes. What you lack in youth you will more than make up for in intellect. You may not make a professional dancer, but you can certainly learn enough to gain great enjoyment. Perhaps you should seek a larger studio with adult classes.
yess
You can start dancing a Any age you like if you are truly devoted. I admit ballet is not the easiest but it is the most beautiful in my opinion. Eventually you cold catch up with the girls your age.
Dance isn't about age... it's all about having a great time!



Sure, you can learn ballet at 15. Have you done any other type of dance before? If you have then you have already got the basics, if you haven't then this is the perfect opportunity for you to start! I'm sure that you'll love it. :)
If your feet are ok, I would imagine you could learn. Why not find the local dancing school and ask about classes, just tell them what you have asked above, and ask their advice, after all, every pupil brings in money for teaching fees and I doubt anyone would turn it down.



Yes, it is too late to be an expert ballet dancer, as you usually need to be pretty good at 16 to get a place at a ballet school here in Britain, but your intellect will mean that you could probabaly join a class only a few years younger, say 11, and be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd